Grease fire causes $40,000 damage to Naperville restaurant
February 4, 2013 12:08PM
Updated: February 4, 2013 12:08PM
A grease fire Sunday night caused $40,000 in damage to a Chinese restaurant in Naperville.
Firefighters responded to a call from an employee of Katy’s Dumpling House about a grease fire in wok in the kitchen, according to the Naperville Fire Department.
Katy’s Dumpling House is located at 790 Royal St. George Drive.
Employees attempted to douse the fire with an extinguisher before firefighters arrived, according to a press release. There were no injuries.
Firefighters escorted all employees from the restaurant and noticed the fire had reached the exterior of the roof through the hood and duct system..
The fire was extinguished inside of the hood and duct system within 10 minutes,. Crews remained another hour checking for hot spots and ventilating the building, according to the release.