Firefighters put out kitchen fire
From Submitted Report February 13, 2013 4:04PM
Updated: March 16, 2013 6:19AM
Naperville Fire Department firefighters needed only five minutes to extinguish a kitchen fire Wednesday afternoon in a house on the city’s west side.
No one was injured during the blaze, which did an estimated $60,000 damage to the house at 1329 Stonegate Road, according to a fire department release. The home is in the Will-O-Way neighborhood and several blocks north of the city’s main fire and police complex on Aurora Avenue.
Police received a 911 call at 2:42 p.m. Wednesday concerning the fire, the release stated. A police officer arrived at the scene first and reported smoke coming from the front of the house.
The first fire department vehicle arrived at 2:47 p.m. Firefighters confirmed the residents had gotten safely out of the home.
The release stated the main body of the fire was confined to the kitchen area.
An inspector from the city’s Transportation, Engineering & Development Business Group deemed the building uninhabitable until repairs can be made.
The release indicated the cause of the fire was related to cooking.