The Naperville City Council is inviting high school juniors and seniors to fill positions on several commissions and boards. Read the full press release below:
Mayor A. George Pradel and the Naperville City Council would like to extend an invitation to Naperville high school juniors and seniors to fill positions on several City boards and commissions.
Interested students should submit a one-page essay expressing their interest in serving, the strengths they would bring to a board/commission and what they hope to gain from the experience. The essay should also include the student's name, address, phone number, high school and grade level and also indicate on which board/commission they are most interested in serving.
Applicant essays may be submitted by mail or in person to the Mayor's Office at the Municipal Center, 400 S. Eagle St., or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting letters of interest is Thursday, September 19, 2013. For more information, please contact the Mayor's Office at (630) 420-6018. Students should anticipate actively participating on the board/commission; therefore, consideration should be given to the time commitment required.
Listed below are the boards and commissions and scheduled meeting times. All meeting times are subject to change. For more information on the various boards and commissions, visit www.naperville.il.us/boards.aspx.
- Advisory Commission on Disabilities - One Wednesday a month at 7 p.m.
- Advisory Cultural Commission - Various dates/times throughout the year
- Board of Library Trustees - One Wednesday a month at 7 p.m.
- Fair Housing Advisory Commission - One Monday a month at 6:30 p.m.
- Financial Advisory Board - Various dates/times throughout the year
- Historic Preservation Commission - Six times per year at 7 p.m.
- Naperville Community Television Board (NCTV17) - One Wednesday a month at 7 p.m.
- Naper Settlement and Museum Board - Four times per year at 8 a.m.
- Planning and Zoning Commission - Two to three Wednesdays a month at 7 p.m.
- Riverwalk Commission - One Wednesday a month at 7:30 a.m.
- Sister Cities Commission - One Wednesday a month at 6 p.m.
- Transportation Advisory Board (TAB) - One Saturday a month at 8 a.m.
For more information on the City of Naperville, visit www.naperville.il.us. Sign up to receive the latest news on the City of Naperville's projects and initiatives via email at www.naperville.il.us/enews.aspx.