It's pretty simple: It's cold, there's snow, so get out and go sledding. Here's six sledding hills offered by the Naperville Park District. The hills are open when the ground is frozen with 2 or more inches of snow and no visible grass. The hills close one hour after sunset, with the exception of the Riverwalk Sled Hill, which is lighted, and stays open until 9 p.m. on weekdays and 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Riverwalk Sled Hill at Rotary Hill, 441 Aurora Ave.
- Arrowhead Park, 711 Iroquois Ave.
- May Watts Park, 804 S. Whispering Hills Drive
- Gartner Park, 524 W. Gartner Road
- Country Lakes Park, 1835 North Aurora Road
- Brook Crossings, 1015 95th St.
The Naperville Park District also offers one snowboarding-exclusive hill for gnarly riders who don't want their style cramped.
- Weigand Riverfront Park at 2436 S. Washington St.
Do you know a great sledding hill that we haven't mentioned? Email us the details at email@example.com or tweet us @NapervilleSun and we'll add your hill to the list. Be sure to email or tweet your sledding photos to us as well so we can add them to our photo gallery!